>I have been looking into expiration policies for a customer. So fired up my dev machine and applied the policy to a custom content type.
The policy is run once a day, however fortunately you can start it manually. Using Central Admin->Operations->Information Management Policy Configuration, I clicked on the Expiration policy link. Then within there clicked “Process Expired Items Now”. Looked at the Timer Job Status (Central Admin->Operations->Timer Job Status) and there was no reference of the Expiration Policy.
Looked within Timer Job Definitions (just under the Timer Job Status link) and a timer job had been created called “Expiration Policy (manually initiated)” but it had never been run. Actually neither had the daily “Expiration Policy”. I went back to the Information Management Policy Configuration and into the Expiration policy. The “Process Expired Items Now” button was greyed out, to clear this I ended up deleting the “Expiration Policy (manual initiated)” timer job. This enabled the “Process Expired Items Now” button… however nothing.
Other things that I tried included stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs – though nanda.
Then I thought about the fact that the job had never been run and I found this article
Following the instructions sorted the problem…
>Hi, I was wondering if you might be able to further share what you did to fix this? The link you listed appears to be offline. Thanks! -Kevin
>Kevin,Well thats a **oody annoying. Now asking myself why I didnt just copy the details of the post.I will have a look at my A4 books and the Central Admin hopefully that will jog my memory.Note to self: Always copy other peoples blog content into your post.
>Thanks you very much for your post, but i do have the same issue of kevin, I where trying to find any one else solved this issue but without luke all the others blogs just pointed for the post without copying any hint from it
>Seems to be working again! It was driving me nuts yesterday as you had the only posting I could find with the same problem. The stsadm command:stsadm -o activatefeature -name RecordsManagement -force…Did the trick for me! -Kevin
>I tried Kevin way it didnt work for me, the thing i have it working on the dev server but its not on the test server
>Hi,Just looking through my notes from around the time that I created this post. I have a note that mentions stsadm -o setpolicyscheduleMore info can be found at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262865.aspx